The More Than Money Programme has been developed in conjunction with HSBC to deliver a structured and powerful introduction to the world of finance.
In the six to 10 hour programme, learners are introduced to financial literacy and entrepreneurship, and to social studies learning objectives that include money-management skills, goods and services, and global markets.
Through hands-on activities and a JA cast of characters serving as symbols for financial literacy and entrepreneurship concepts, students learn a practical approach to starting a business and making smart decisions about managing money
To qualify for the JA More Than Money Programme
- Learners need to be in Grade 5 – 7
- Educators need to be committed and prepared to undergo excellent training prior to starting the programme
Money Savvy Learners
The programme has been created to encourage children to tackle finances with positivity and enthusiasm.
Thanks to the structured content, focus on development and confidence building skills, learners who attend this course will:
- Develop sound money management skills that support positive attitudes;
- Gain an understanding of the relationship between what they learn at school and how they can make a difference in the global economy, and
- Discover how their participation and passion can make a difference.
“On behalf of my fellow learners, I would like to thank JA South Africa for the MTM Programme in which we learnt how to earn, spend and save money. Now we know how to use and save money wisely, and we also have brighter ideas of how to choose jobs when we finish schooling.”
Comet Primary School, Gauteng