Learners are exposed to problems they could encounter in the world of work, requiring that they think, make decisions and find solutions.
This programme aimed at Grade 10 and 11 learners is longer than the Discoveryour Career workshop, with sessions total between 12 and 15 hours. Participants take the skills assessment, assisting them to discover their strengths in working with others, as well as ways to improve their interpersonal skills. They also assemble a skills portfolio to demonstrate their accomplishments and skills to potential employers.
After the programme students will have the confidence to pursue their education and career goals, thereby creating their own futures.
The course is designed to:
- Develop students’ interpersonal effectiveness to better prepare students for the world of work
- Help identify unique strengths and potentials of students’ interpersonal skills
- Begin and develop skills portfolio
- Examine the application of interpersonal skills in the context of the workplace
- Engage with successful professionals
A modified version of this programme, based largely on Success Skills and known as Employability Skills Training, is run in partnership with Save the Children through ASPIRES.