Recruitment is open for five Transnet-funded Youth Enterprise Development programmes in North West, Limpopo, Eastern Cape and Western Cape
Transnet will be funding five Youth Enterprise Development Programmes, for out of school youth, to be run at the following community centres:
- Rustenburg and Klerksdorp at the PASA and Kgatelapele Skills Development Centres
- Contact JASA North West Agent Zipporah Segabetla: 0824847673
- River Cross Village, Civil Society Development Initiative
- Contact JASA Limpopo Agent James Sekele: 0714008535
- Buffalo City, East London, Mdantsane Youth Centre
- Contact JASA Eastern Cape Agent Lulama Sidloyi: 0761977541
- Mitchells Plain, Masakhe Youth Centre
- Contact JASA Western Cape Agent Elena Meyer: 0827806280
Do you fulfil the following criteria?
- Do you live close enough to one of these centres to commit to attending the programme once or twice a week for the next six months?
- Are you between 18 and 35?
- Are you out of school – unemployed or self-employed?
- Do you have Grade 10 education or up?
- Are you able to read and write in English?
- Are you unsure of how to start a business but you have an idea?
- Or, have you started a business but are struggling to develop it?
If this describes you, then Transnet invites you to apply for the Junior Achievement South Africa (JA South Africa) Youth Enterprise Development Programme.
This course will empower you to pursue your business ideas in 20 incubator-style sessions that take you through the process of starting up, developing, and managing your own business. The insights you gain into what makes a business successful will then be applied. You will:
- Develop your product or service
- Plan your business and create business functions
- Carry out operations planning and management
- Take control of the finances and learn about funding options
- Create a strong brand
- Learn to sell and market and how to apply market research
- Improve your interpersonal skills
- Gain confidence to pursue your dreams and become an opportunity maker.
If you want to apply, don’t delay, contact the agent in your area as soon as possible since the programmes will commence this month.
Graduates will receive an NQF level 4 Seta Accredited Youth Enterprise Development Certificate.