Mastercard-funded Youth Enterprise Development Programme is recruiting women 18-35 at selected community centres in Gauteng, Western Cape and Limpopo
Do you have a great business idea? Do dream of becoming an entrepreneur?
- Are you a woman between 18 and 35?
- Are you out of school – unemployed or self-employed?
- Do you have Grade 10 education or up?
- Are you able to read and write in English?
- Are you unsure of how to start a business but you have an idea>
- Or, have you started a business but are struggling to develop it?
If this fits you, then Mastercard invites you to apply for the Junior Achievement South Africa (JA South Africa) Youth Enterprise Development Programme, in partnership with Siyafunda CTC.
This course will empower you to pursue your business ideas in 20 incubator-style sessions that take you through the process of starting up, developing, and managing your own business. The insights you gain into what makes a business successful will then be applied. You will:
- Develop your product or service
- Plan your business and create business functions
- Carry out operations planning and management
- Take control of the finances and learn about funding options
- Create a strong brand
- Learn to sell and market and how to apply market research
- Improve your interpersonal skills
- Gain confidence to pursue your dreams and become an opportunity maker.
…. and much, more.
You will also come away with basic computer literacy skills, taught by Siyafunda.
Graduates will receive an NQF level 4 Seta Accredited
Youth Enterprise Development Certificate and an
Intel Learn Easy Steps certificate.
The programme will be run at six community centres (see below) and applicants can contact facilitators to pick up application forms.
Ivory Park Riendzo Development Centre (@riendzo on Facebook)
8712 Freedom Drive Ivory Park Fire station, 1685,
Ishmael Sephiri, 083 660 2119 / 011 051 8801
Olievenhoutbosch – Olievenhout Development Association (olievendevass.org.za/)
Ingrid Ramabu 082 972 9260
Palmridge SiyafundaCTC, Palmridge, Ekurhuleni (www.siyafundactc.org.za)
72 Celtis Street, Palmridge, 1458
Themba Itimu /Faiza Xaba 071 842 5079 / 082 947 8177
Heidelberg Lesedi Coaching and Development
2 Madagascar St, Obed Nkosi Section, Ratanda Heidelberg, 1441,
Sarah Mahlaba 076 794 9563
Limpopo (near Polokwane)
Ga-Matlala Setumeng Vexospark (vexospark.co.za), Moremi Sello 079 380 8282
Western Cape (Cape Town)
Mfuleni Development Centre, 6686 T Tokwana road, Ext 6, Mfuleni, Muneer Letlala 072 918 4935
“Throughout the 20-week programme I was implementing what I was learning. After the session on market research surveys I drew one up and got great feedback to improve our business. The course also taught me about business plans, finance and accessing funding.”
Annwen Jordan, co-founder of Gauteng company Joe4Real Productions, which assists musicians and composers